History of PhysEQFiT
It Started with a Dream
PhysEQFit is a dream that realized for two sisters who not only share a passion for overall wellness but also strive to live by four key principles: make a difference; be an inspiration; be the change you want to see and leave a legacy behind. They believe that their different fields of expertise and qualifications are a unique combination of skills that complement each other in providing a holistic solution.
Ronel and Marli Jooste own the PhysEQFiT Guesthouse in Centurion which includes a private fitness facility and conference venue facility.
Meet The Team
Director at FinanciallyFiT Group
FinanciallyFiTLife offers financial consulting and training for businesses and individuals. Ronel developed various online financial courses focusing on personal and business finances. She strives to help people and businesses become Financially FiT for Life.
Ronel is a Chartered Accountant by profession. She spent 10,5 post-articles at the Momentum / MMI Group as Head of Financial Reporting, where she gained valuable experience in the banking, investments and insurance industries. She has also completed her Management Development Diploma (MDP) at GIBS Business School where she was awarded the Top-Achiever award.
Ronel is the contributor to the financial articles for various magazines including Finesse Magazine, Accountancy SA Magazine and Woman Entrepreneur (an International magazine). She hosted her own financial talk show on All-Time Radio and she often presents talks at events.
Ronel has been crowned Mrs. Pretoria-Tshwane 2019 1st Princess – a dynamic woman making an impact in the community.
Ronel is passionate about fitness and is a qualified personal trainer. She has participated in multiple Telkom 947 Cycle Challenges, Cape Town Cycle Tours (Argus) and Tsogo Sun Amashova Durban Classic cycling races, as well as the Comrades, Old Mutual Two Oceans and Old Mutual Om, die Dam ultra-marathons. She enjoys spending time in the gym and on the golf course.
Ronel’s accolades include:
- Woman of the Year Award Nominee – I am a Woman, I have a Purpose Annual Awards (2019)
- Margaret Hirsch Woman in Business Achiever finalist (2018)
- Toastmasters International – 2nd-place in the National Club Contest for impromptu speeches (2018)
- DMI Top 100 SA Difference Maker (2018)
- National Treasurer of the South African Council for Business Women (SACBW) (2017)
- Chairperson for SACBW Centurion (2017)
As a registered Psychometrist and Counsellor at the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA), has more than 10 years’ experience in the human capital sphere; the latter both in the Private and Public Sectors.
She successfully runs an independent psychology practice for the past seven years and was recently nominated as a finalist (2016/2017) for Margaret Hirsch Woman in Business Achiever of the Year.
She is accredited in a vast variety of psychometric instruments (cognitive, personality, emotional, risk behavior, competency-based, integrity, etc.). Since completing her Masters in Psychology, she equipped herself with a Diploma in Personal Nutrition, as well as Personal and Life Coaching. She is also a qualified and accredited Trauma Incident Reduction, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), Multi-level Processing (MLP) and Time-Line Therapy Practitioner as well as Life Coach.
She is a COMENSA Practitioner and member of the South African Medico Legal Society (SAMLS). She is currently enrolled for her PhD in Psychology at the University of Pretoria. Marli often joins Ronel on the sports field and enjoys a round of golf, swimming, and cycling.
Joyce Mahlangu has more than a decade’s experience in the hospitality industry. She started out as a cleaner and is in charge of the guest rooms. She aspires to become the office manager and will be enrolling for a computer and office administration course this year.
Evah Maselelo loves to cook and is in charge of the kitchen at PhysEQFiT Guesthouse. She also started out as a cleaner, but is developing into a little master chef. Evah completed a few cooking courses and came 3rd overall in the “Hirsch’s Domestic Worker of the Year” competition during 2017.
What People Are Saying
– Very clean and neat. The neighborhood is wonderfully quiet, you would never guess it is basically situated right next to the highway. Very well located and great for short-term stays.
– Such a beautiful and tranquil guesthouse. Well managed with fantastic and caring owners that welcomed us with open arms.
Love the privacy and private entrance in this very safe and beautiful area. This is your home away from home!
– Ronel is a great host. I had a very quiet room with garden and pond outside. The room had everything I needed plus a tasty little breakfast in the fridge each morning. Highly recommend.
– PhysEQFit is a perfect place for anyone to stay, either for business or vacation. I particularly like the fact that is is central and close to major locations around Pretoria. Closeness to Gautrain station +more